Serving Our Customers Since 1893
Alamo Forest Products was begun in 1893 in San Antonio, TX, as the Vaughan Lumber Co. by George C. Vaughan with two partners in February, 1893, to serve the lumber industry as a wholesale distributor. In those days the company would contract with various sawmills to buy their production a year at a time. It was then the company’s job to sell the mills’ production. Sales offices at that time ranged from Chicago to Mexico City.
As time passed, the company evolved, was incorporated and changed its name to Geo. C. Vaughan & Sons, and later Vaughan & Sons, Inc. Alamo Forest Products was once called the Lumber Division of Vaughan & Sons, Inc. The company was at various times in the millwork manufacturing and distribution business, the aluminum window manufacturing business, kitchen cabinet manufacturing business and, was one of the first in Texas to manufacture wood trusses and wall components.
Alamo Forest Products today is a wholesale distribution company dealing in products sold in the building materials distribution channel. Product lines include fasteners, concrete accessories, lumber and panels, foundation steel products, erosion control products, construction films, and wire products for agriculture, construction, and manufacturing.
Alamo Forest Products customers are retail building material dealers, truss and component manufacturers, hardware wholesalers, farm and ranch stores, other manufacturers and distributors, home centers, and selected large industrial contractors. As a matter of policy we do not sell to the general public or home builder.
The company is largely owned and managed by the descendents of George C. Vaughan and is still headquartered in San Antonio, TX.